ChangKi
Are you naked casually in front of others in your home?

I heard a something from my friend who lives in German.

She said, I saw a naked woman in my friend home even though there are some guys.

she finished shower and got off the shower room without clothes.

So my friend asked them, you don't feel anything?

They answered, "yes, nothing. Why she needs to feel shy? Nothing."

In German, or Western people are right that?

It's a usual thing?

Nov 29, 2015 7:06 AM
Comments · 3

Well, some cultures are far more comfortable with nudity than others. This may be a bit of a blanket statement (which means, please correct me if I'm wrong), but central Europeans are generally fine with stripping off (not just a German thing). Of course, the context is important! :) So, situations such as showering, after sport, spas and saunas are appropriate.

November 29, 2015

I don't think all of west is like that, some places might be extremely conservative too.

But the Europeans are generally more open towards nudity, in specific context of course.

November 29, 2015

It varies.

Some people are extremely comfortable with nudity around strangers, family members, their partners, where others are far less so.

I live with my father and have since I was a college girl, so right from the start I had to set boundaries, he knows he has to knock before entering my room, most of the time I lock it anyhow when I am in here.

On the other hand he does not do the same.  He uses the bathroom when I am walking around and leaves the door wide open, if I look the wrong way, I often see things I would much rather not see.

November 29, 2015