ellie
What is the best gift?

What is the best gift you have ever given?

What is the best gift you have ever received?

Nov 29, 2015 9:41 PM
Comments · 9

I think the best gift I've ever gotten was when I was 7 years old. I saw a mermaid Barbie in the store and I absolutely loved it. I wrote a letter to "Santa" that Christmas asking for that Barbie, and I got the exact one that I wanted (even though "Santa" was never at the store with me to know which was the right one).

I heard that the best present is actually money. Most people hate giving money because it's so impersonal, but I think it's actually better than guessing what people want or buying some funny gag gifts. I'm very bad at buying presents, so I like to just give people money. It might feel weird at first, but everyone likes money so they'll appreciate it in the long run. Better than giving something they'll never use.

November 30, 2015

on one of my birthday,my best friend made a house model from the cobblestones piched up from a stream,it's very amazing and touched.

November 30, 2015

People enjoy when I give them a bear hug and I enjoy when they are gentle with me. That means a lot to me -- almost like honey. Mankind nowadays needs more hugs and gentleness. Both are easy to do and have no contradiction.

November 30, 2015

I heard a good trick to find out what to give. First you need to buy one good, hard-to-guess gift and wrap it. Then you ask the person to guess what you got him or her. Afterwards you write down all these guesses and you give those the next times!

Alternatively you can ask a question about it on italki :)

November 30, 2015

One time i received a tree with 12 gifts on it

I like the idea very much

November 29, 2015
Show more