Felix
How to overcome the fear before fighting?

I would fear to fight with other person whom I got trouble from. Renal hormone secreted made my legs tremble slightly. I hate this. Does everyone is same with me? I guess so. But how to overcome it from your heart? Is somebody here who's good at fighting?

Dec 1, 2015 10:53 AM
Comments · 12

I would say you have a serious problem for a few reasons.  It's never ok to use physical force just because you don't like what someone says.  The laws in China are pretty strict about this as well, so you could really mess up your future if you lose your temper.

The advantage of being in China is that if you're extremely rich you can probably bribe your way out of it, but I don't know how much that would cost.  Maybe you could have someone 定罪 for you or whatever it's called.

You also need to keep in mind that while you may think of something as a fist fight, you can end up killing someone.  It happens routinely where two people get into a fist fight, one guy gets hit in the head hard, but they both go home.  Then the guy who got hit in the head dies in his sleep due to subdural hematoma.  The guy who hit him is charged with murder.

Don't let this happen to you.  Control your temper.  Fight if it's life or death, but don't fight because you don't like what someone says.  This is 2015.

December 2, 2015

Briefly, The words that little educated and rude people said made me almost out of control.

December 2, 2015

@Ervin - Learn to control your temper, learn to fight, or move. If it were me, I'd move. Sounds like a terrible place to live.

December 1, 2015

I hate and am angry when someone said some words that he could have avoided and chose another better ones. I knew clear if I hold myself to be slient which meant "shut up", everything would be ok then. But, that made me feel like a coward. I'm not being attacked routinely but meeting often the people who didn't know how to speak in propriety. My temper become bad since I came back from another city after graduation.  I also knew that being a coward better than in hospital, prison or a graveyard. But intellect is being lost for emotion. This might be the mental disorder that what I have.

December 2, 2015

I'm still not clear why he's fighting.  Is he being attacked physically?  Or does he just not like something someone else says?

Since now we know it's not for sport, I can tell you that shaking and trembling is natural and cannot be avoided when you're in a life or death situation.  Your heart rate will skyrocket to 180bpm or so and fine motor movements are not possible in these situations.

There is not really any training you can go through to get around this because the very definition of "training" is that you're in a simulated environment where you know you're not going to die.  The only way around the symptoms you describe is to be in life-or-death situations repeatedly and then you will get used to it.  However I obviously don't recommend this because you could die in one of those situations obviously.

If you're asking how to protect yourself, this is a different question.  In a life-or-death situation your body has different characteristics.  This is why martial arts is a sport and should not be used for self-defense purposes when dealing in life-or-death.  Fine motor coordination trained for in martial arts is not possible under those physiological circumstances.  This is why in the military they don't teach you "martial arts" they teach what is called "close combat."  It's very brutal and involves gouging out eyes, biting, and basically anything to stay alive and probably really really hurt someone else.

So where back to where we started, what's your goal?  Why do you feel fighting will solve a problem?  Are you being attacked routinely?

December 1, 2015
Show more