Gilles
Have you ever dreamt in the language you learn ?

Hello Italkiers !

Last night I dreamt in English for the first time and my native language in French. I was driving and another car hit me. I came at his window and just began to speak to him in English naturally.

Have you ever dreamt in another language ? And do you think that's a good sign ?

Dec 1, 2015 8:32 PM
Comments · 8

Yes, I sometimes dream in languages I am learning (especially if I was watching movies in those languages before going to bed). I once had a dream where I met Angela Merkel and I spoke to her in German.

December 2, 2015

Hi Gilles,

I think it is absolutely a good sign because it means that your brain works in English even in unconsciousness. I mean in my dream my professors (all Americans) came up but they speak Korean lol ... Something is wrong with my brain haha

- Bill 

December 1, 2015

Haha thank you for your answers, some of your dreams seem really weird and funny :)

I also think that's a good sign !

Keep dreaming in other languages ! :P

December 2, 2015

I have had dreams in spanish. I think it is your brain processing everything that you have learnt especially if you are always practicing. I think it's a sign of achievement 

December 2, 2015

Recently I dreamed in italian. I think I am listening too many italian's songs which are really really beautiful ! ^^

December 2, 2015
Show more