Masy
Atraditional advice to improve the lestening skill

There is a traditional advice for the language learners that may help with improving the listening skill. I have been using it and I see it very helpful. I use as following:

Firstly, I search for an English audio "mp3" may be 2 or 3 minutes. secondly, I run it using my computer and write down every sentence I listen to, step by step and i may repeat it many times. Finally, after I finish, I should listen to it again using the script file to correct my translation. This way I can practice listening, writing and translation. This technique helps me alot to master my pronunciation as I imitate the speaker performance as I can several times.

I'd like all of you to try it and share with us if it really helps. I am waiting for your comments.

Jan 11, 2016 7:34 PM
Comments · 5

This a good website which contains a lot of audio files with transcripts to apply this technique. I hope it benefits all of you.

http://www.esl-lab.com/

January 12, 2016

Sounds like a great way to improve listening comprehension; thank you/

January 11, 2016

By using the script file, you mean that you are using an audio source that you have a transcript of, and that you use that to correct it? Or are you using your own transcript? I assume it's the first one because I don't see how the second one could work.

January 11, 2016
@Barry, you are welcome.
February 2, 2016

@Mark, I meant the transcript as you just said.

January 11, 2016