|Rule 11.||The words here and there have generally been labeled as adverbs even though they indicate place. In sentences beginning with here or there, the subject follows the verb.|
|Examples:||There are four hurdles to jump.|
|There is a high hurdle to jump.|
|Rule 14.||Collective nouns such as team and staff may be either singular or plural depending on their use in the sentence.|
|Examples:||The staff is in a meeting.
Staff is acting as a unit here.
|The staff are in disagreement about the findings.
The staff are acting as separate individuals in this example.
|The sentence would read even better as:
The staff members are in disagreement about the findings.
No comment given.
- Look at this medal, please. What is it? I can't understant what is a sport
- Gain new vocabulary and expressions !!
- Are you naked casually in front of others in your home?
- こんな時どうする？ What would you do?
- How to say this in Korean? Please help!
- Don`t be shy !
- How motivated are you to learn a new language ?
- Share a tradition of your country!
- Help with english
- Have you ever meet with anyone on this website