A Chinese Poem——Thinking of You
This is the first one, a chinese poem translated into english with the title "Thinking of you". I found it from internet and have no idea if it is precise enough, if u find sth odd in this translation, you can point it out . i will appreciate it very much^^
Here is the poem：
When will the moon be clear and bright?
With a cup of wine in my hand, I ask the blue sky.
I don't know what season it would be in the heavens on this night.
I'd like to ride the wind to fly home.
Yet I fear the crystal and jade mansions are much too high and cold for me.
Dancing with my moon-lit shadow,
It does not seem like the human world.
The moon rounds the red mansion Stoops to silk-pad doors,
Shines upon the sleepless Bearing no grudge,
Why does the moon tend to be full when people are apart?
People may have sorrow or joy, be near or far apart,
The moon may be dim or bright, wax or wane,
This has been going on since the beginning of time.May we all be blessed with longevity Though far apart, we are still able to share the beauty of the moon together.
No comment given.
- الغة العربية
- What do people in English-speaking countries think of the Filipino accent?
- The latest french songs
- What's your favorite top ten songs in English?
- Chinese college students, who want to speak English in the intersection of female friends
- 言語学習について： なぜ日本人は英語が話せない？
- Is there an advanced English learner free in to practice English now?
- what does the meaning of "in the league table of countries",and how to use it.
- which culture dose Nigeri belongs to，high context culture or low context culture?
- Are you a horror movie fan?