What are the major differences between Belorussian and Russian?
That's interesting. Can Russians essentially speak Belorussian? Are the differences more like American English and British English? Or are the differences more like Spanish and Italian?
Rusiian is more beautiful than Belorussian, I believe ^__^
and it is developed better )
yes, Russian, Ukrainian and Belorussian appeared from Old Russian about 500 years ago
BrE and AmE parted not as long ago
and I think that Spanish and Italian appeared about 3000 yrs ago (not sure about it, but it was long ago)
decide yourself, which are closer
First of all I want to say that each language is beautiful and unique!!!
The distinction between Russian and Belarusian languages is essential: in an alphabet, in grammar, in phonetics, in a dictionary, etc.
In my opinion Russian and Belarusian are comparable with Italian and Spanish. Languages have an Common Slavic basis as Latin is for the European languages. However Russian and Belarusian developed absolutely separately. I think Belarusian is closer to Polish and Ukrainian than Russian. First of all languages have a lot of similar words. Then Poles, Ukrainians and Belarusians (provided that they speak Belarusian) understand each other very well while Russians understand separate words. This fact conveys a great deal. Example from my work: the Polish drivers always asked to speak Belarusian because of the best understanding.
And some words about trasyanka)
Trayasyanka is Russian with the Belarusian accent and inserts of Belarusian words. IT IS NOT THE BELARUSIAN LANGUAGE. Unfortunately the greater part of the population speaks trasyanka.
But I know many young people and cultural figures who speak Belarusian at home and at work. I would be glad if more foreigners began studying Belarusian. I hope you will come to our country and will see what a friendly we are))
- I really need your excellent suggestions, thaks a lot firstly. If it were you, which you choose
- I look for engineers to ask a question (casting, forge or mechanical production).
- What do you think is the most interesting clothing style in your country?
- Do you have a time when you are asked to do something you do not want to do?
- Would you lie about your native language to find language exchange partners or students?
- I am teaching spanish, but in change i want learn english
- Hej all together!
- Enseño ESPAÑOL GRATIS para intercambiarlo por INGLES
- Mobile application