Toffler
Where is Esperanto spoken? If I want to do an immersion in Esperanto, is there a community or school enviornment that I can go to, to 'live the language'?  Where are the most speakers of Esperanto located?
Jul 10, 2009 3:23 AM
Comments · 7

I know this is an old discussion -- but in case anybody else has the same question.  I've got family in Phoenix, so I visit there occasionally. Last I knew there was an active group there. It's also the home of the "Verda Domo de A" (which I've never been to.)

For an immersion experience in America, there's NASK (which my kids and I are attending for the first time this summer - although I was a guest speaker at one many years ago.) A shorter experience could be had at any of the regional events. I'm partial to ARE on Lake George over Columbus Day Weekend. Mark your calendar.

What my wife and I did was to spend some time learning on our own, then we traveled in Europe via the Pasporta Servo. Then, when we later went to a Universala Kongreso, we already knew several people.

April 10, 2016
Esperanto is spoken by many communities in many countries. You can check the list of countries where Esperantisto exist in UEA website. Besides, I use it often online, such as participating in Skype conference call, reading articles, listening radio, etc everything in Esperanto language. I like Wikipedia articles and Muzaiko radio.
July 5, 2017

I see from some comments in Duolingo, and I have heard before that Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland, has degrees in Esperanto.  The comment I found on Duolingo says the degree is in Interlinguistics and the course is taught in Esperanto. See <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.staff.amu.edu.pl/%7Einterl/interlingvistiko/studoj.html" class="blue-link" target="_blank">http://www.staff.amu.edu.pl/~interl/interlingvistiko/studoj.html</a>; .

Also, judging from your picture, you're young.  I have seen organizations such as the UEA post Esperanto immersion jobs in Europe for young people.  I however, don't qualify. 

In both cases, you'd have to mostly learn it first, though.  Do the research into it first and use the possibility as a motivator.

It depends on what you mean by immersion.  Immersion for days at a time is easy.  There's Nord-Amerika Somera Kursaro in Noth Carolina, Somera Esperanto-Studado in Slovakia, there's Internacia Junulera Kongreso somewhere in the world every year (there's your youth being an advantage again), there's the Immersion lessons at the castle in France that A. Fabian Jimenez mentioned above, and there is at least one new year's week youth party lasting about a week in Europe that I have forgotten the name of, being old, and all..... where was I?  Just kidding.  There are others, also.

May 6, 2017
Since posting my comment - I've been to Phoenix (met up with some folks there) and to NASK and to ARE. It's all what you make of it.
December 12, 2016

Perhaps your best option is to enjoy the Castle of Greisillion in France: http://gresillon.org/?lang=fr

Another way to get a complete Esperanto environment is to take part in a Congress of Esperanto. There thousands of asociations too, the cheapest and easiest: INTERNET Communities.

January 20, 2015
Show more