LESSON 1- الدَّرْسُ الأوَّلُ
هـٰذا - '.....This'
Please read the sentences below. After completing the sentences we shall go over the rules for this lesson.
|هـٰذا بَابٌ||هـٰذا بَيْتٌ|
This is a book
This is a mosque
|This is a door||This is a house|
Arabic has no word which is equal to the English word "is" which is referred to as a copula in grammar. We can see this rule demonstrated above where we see the words for هـٰذا and the noun/object مَسْجِد being referred to without any copula. i.e. هـٰذا مَسْجِدٌ If read literally this sentence would read "This Mosque", however, the word "is" can be implied in this sentence so that it reads "This is a Mosque".
Please click on the button for part 2 below to move onto the next section where we will practise this principle further Insha'Allah.
No comment given.
- Зелено-желтые ограды - знак Москвы или широких?
- Where do you think can find the most beautiful woman in the world?
- Free Class for IELTS on the Internet. It Will Start Tomorrow (Friday).
- Send Your Message To The World!
- Hi Everyone.
- The Russian women are different from the US ?
- Quieres aprender el aleman muy rapido y facil?
- Learn Arabic easily with correct pronunciation (native speaker) through a nice story :-)
- Have you ever thought of getting old? What`s your idea about it?
- هل تعتقد أن هذا الموقع مؤتمن؟