LESSON 2 - ARABIC SHORT VOWEL-MARKS OVERVIEW
In Arabic, there are 3 short vowel-marks (we shall learn the long vowel-marks in a later lesson Insha'Allah - God willing). The short vowel-marks enable the letter to make a sound in a similar way to the English language. In the same way a word cannot be made in the English language without one of the 5 vowels (a, e, i, o or u), in Arabic one cannot make a word without a vowel being used.
We will cover the 3 vowel-marks in Arabic below Insha'Allah. The vowel-marks are the marks below or above the letter Alif in the examples below, the letter Alif has been used to give you an idea of where the vowel is placed.
The Single Vowel-Marks:
The single vowel-marks are the basic vowel-marks which add a sound similar to that of a, i or u in the English language to the letter. Please click on the letters with the vowel-marks to hear the pronunciation.
Click on Letters to hear pronunciation
|The 'u' in put.||The 'i' in sit.||
The 'a' in sat.
|English word with similar sound:|
No comment given.
- Why do some adults on Italki put photos up of when they were children?
- Similar Language
- Fainally say goodbye to Art class.Creasy happy......Ha ha ha ha ha
- How to speak english fluently ???
- Woo nice singer!! Max Schneider
- The XBox One
- What did you want to become when you were child? What are you now?
- I love LeBron Raymone James,you crazy
- iTalki Mobile App
- What do you use your new found freedom for?