LESSON 2 - ARABIC SHORT VOWEL-MARKS OVERVIEW
In Arabic, there are 3 short vowel-marks (we shall learn the long vowel-marks in a later lesson Insha'Allah - God willing). The short vowel-marks enable the letter to make a sound in a similar way to the English language. In the same way a word cannot be made in the English language without one of the 5 vowels (a, e, i, o or u), in Arabic one cannot make a word without a vowel being used.
We will cover the 3 vowel-marks in Arabic below Insha'Allah. The vowel-marks are the marks below or above the letter Alif in the examples below, the letter Alif has been used to give you an idea of where the vowel is placed.
The Single Vowel-Marks:
The single vowel-marks are the basic vowel-marks which add a sound similar to that of a, i or u in the English language to the letter. Please click on the letters with the vowel-marks to hear the pronunciation.
Click on Letters to hear pronunciation
|The 'u' in put.||The 'i' in sit.||
The 'a' in sat.
|English word with similar sound:|
No comment given.
- if you Learning Chinese, offering German or English! Add me on QQ!
- How did you overcome the difficulties of the beginning of new language learning ？
- Where can I find someone to talk in English?
- Meaning of arabic words
- 8/30: Fun English Teasers for English Learners (Difficulty: Easy)
- Fun English Teasers for English Learners
- I'm learning English and I can teach Spanish.
- What is your favourite food or things you would buy if you visit Korea?!!? (한국오면 꼭 살것들!?)
- Problems with prepositions in Spanish?
- What features do you think should be added to italki?