LESSON 2 - ARABIC SHORT VOWEL-MARKS OVERVIEW
In Arabic, there are 3 short vowel-marks (we shall learn the long vowel-marks in a later lesson Insha'Allah - God willing). The short vowel-marks enable the letter to make a sound in a similar way to the English language. In the same way a word cannot be made in the English language without one of the 5 vowels (a, e, i, o or u), in Arabic one cannot make a word without a vowel being used.
We will cover the 3 vowel-marks in Arabic below Insha'Allah. The vowel-marks are the marks below or above the letter Alif in the examples below, the letter Alif has been used to give you an idea of where the vowel is placed.
The Single Vowel-Marks:
The single vowel-marks are the basic vowel-marks which add a sound similar to that of a, i or u in the English language to the letter. Please click on the letters with the vowel-marks to hear the pronunciation.
Click on Letters to hear pronunciation
|The 'u' in put.||The 'i' in sit.||
The 'a' in sat.
|English word with similar sound:|
No comment given.
- Why movies are full of (f-word)?!
- Learning more about Deutsch
- Language Fluency?
- can someone recomend me an english book intermediate level for grammar
- I'd like to have an English text translated into Spanish (I'm asking for a big favour)
- Disculpe or perdon?
- Leute, jemand einige deutsche whatsapp Gruppen kennen? Mit Einheimischen und Leute wen deutsch lernen?
- Is looking for an English language exchange partner impossible?
- Miss Rawan
- Como funciona esta página