Site Feedback

Art and the cinema - Искусство и кино

What are the first films that come to mind when you think of art in the world of film? What are your favourites? For me the best example would have to be Andrei Tarkovsky's "Mirror". The film itself doesn't have a very orthodox plot or design. If anything, Zerkalo is a dream captured on film. It can, however, be a strange movie for some people.

Share:

Comments

The first films that come to my mind when i think in film history (and there are piece of art in general) are:
Citizen Kane by Welles, because established the rules of modern cinema 
Rebecca by Hitchcock because is like an art movie class by itself
and at last i could think in a genious like Stanley Kubrick if couldn't be he was just an apprentice of Max Ophüls, pioneer of scenes with traveling and plane sequences. Any title of his filmography is a masterpiece.

I love Andrei Tarkovsky's films.  "Andey Rublyov"  is a true  masterpice. And Zerkalo, Solaris the same should be seen.  

The first film that comes to my mind is Amelie...maybe because it combines a lot of good art elements, such as music, painting, poetry, etc... also animation films like Mary & Max, Persepolis, Waking Life....also Dogville and Breaking the waves by Lars Von Trier : ) 

Add a comment