です is a polite copula;
You can say あの方は先生。 That person is a teacher. Adding です － あの方は先生です。 just makes it a little more affirmative(and polite).
Incidentally です is actually a contraction of でございます which is the super polite form of である。 both are (most of the time) used in the contracted forms です and だ。
- What a pity, Chinese can't play twitter and facebook
- Our 18th birthday=D
- The movie #Love Affair#really a moving film,I love it：）why millions girl love it, while boys don't...?
- Do you support the current Anti-GMO march?
- Yoga and meditation
- What is love?
- Your Reaction
- About Accommodation when you move away from home?
- Shadowing-( language learning)