Books that you'll always remember from childhood/teenage years?
- Jane Eyre (Charlotte Brontë)
- Tom Sawyer (Mark Twain)
- Wuthering Heights (Emily Brontë)
- The Scarlet Letter (Nathaniel Hawthorne)
- The Red Badge of Courage (Stephen Crane)
- Great Expectations (Charles Dickens)
- Sense and Sensibility (Jane Austen)
- Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
- The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
- Robinson Crusoe (Daniel Defoe)
- A Haunted House (Virginia Woolf)
- The Old Man and The sea (Ernest Hemingway)
- Lord of the Flies (William Golding)
- King Lear (William Shakespeare)
- Beloved (Toni Morrison)
- 1984 (George Orwell)
- Heart of Darkness (Joseph Conrad)
And many more...
I love reading, particularly English literature. It was my speciality when I was a student. :)
-Grimm's Fairy Tales-for the simple reason my parents didn't let me read them claiming they were too cruel-the forbidden fruit did taste sweet!
-fairy tale collections from all over the world-the more exotic the better(but I wasn't too keen on those with animal characters)
-all Jules Verne books ( the all-time favourites being The Mysterious Island and Captain Grant's Children)
-Winnie the Pooh ( I discovered the Moomins only when my children were born)
-Karl May's Winnetou (whoever elso read it??)
-The Children of Bullerbyn
wuthering heights by Emily Brontë,
Angela's ashes by Frank McCourt,
Catcher in the rye J. D. Salinger,
The Giver, gathering blue, number the stars ( all three by lois lowry,
Lovely bones by Alice Sebold
and so many more... I'm not too picky...
Secret Garden is my favorite book.
Alice in wonderland will always be my favorite one :)
My favorite when I was very little was the poky little puppy. I loved Dr. Suess books (not recommended for english learners because he makes up most of his words so it's technically not even english). As a teenager, Jane Austin books were in my list of favorites along with Mary Higgens Clark, Janet Oke, Lucy Maud Montgomery, Beverly Lewis and many more.
@ Ines, I've never read Secret Garden, but I loved the video.
I'll have to read it someday.
- Why do some adults on Italki put photos up of when they were children?
- Similar Language
- Crazy happy. Ha ha ha ha ha ha
- Fainally say goodbye to Art class.Creasy happy......Ha ha ha ha ha
- How to speak english fluently ???
- Woo nice singer!! Max Schneider
- The XBox One
- What did you want to become when you were child? What are you now?
- I love LeBron Raymone James,you crazy
- iTalki Mobile App