Our results leave little doubt that leadership style has a role in translating management’s service-quality commitment to employees’ job activities, but not quite to the extent that we hypothesized.
In line with hypothesis 1, higher levels of management commitment to service quality were found to decrease the use of a directive leadership style.
This implies that hotel managers who are committed to service quality do not find directive leadership to be appropriate.
Higher levels of management commitment to service quality were associated with an increase in the use of both participative and empowering leadership, supporting hypotheses 2 and 3.
Management commitment to service quality has a stronger effect on empowering leadership than it does on participative leadership.
This result indicates that hotel managers who are committed to service quality may be more inclined to empower their employees.
No comment given.
- Irish language
- life is a struggle
- Waiting for your Comments!
- favourite singer
- طالب العلم في كلّية
- searching for whom share me studying ( English and French)
- Tens:Past Perfect Continuous
- Death execution in Indonesia, what shall you say ?
- Hi) I would like to clear up some points of education in GB. I will be very grateful if you could help me:)