One Word - Two Meanings .
One Word - Two Meanings
|Word||UK Usage||USA Usage|
|Asian||person of Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi origin||person of Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean, Philippino origin|
|ass||a donkey||human posterior|
|bathroom||a room containing a bath or shower||a room containing a toilet|
|bill||amount to pay for a service||a piece of paper currency|
|buns||sticky cake||human posterior|
|bum||human posterior||unemployed, down-and-out|
|Caucasian||Person from the Caucus republics: Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan||white person|
|chips||What Americans call "French fries"||What the British call "crisps"|
|fanny||external female sex organs||human posterior|
|hamper||picnic basket full of food||basket for dirty clothes|
|Indian||person from the Indian sub-continent||indigenous American|
|jelly||gelatinous dessert||fruit preserve|
|knickers||worn under trousers or dress by women||trousers that end between the knee and ankle|
|momentarily||for a short while||soon|
|pants||worn under trousers||worn over underwear|
|public school||fee-paying school||state school|
|queen||the head of state||male homosexual|
|rubber||implement to erase pencil marks||male contraceptive|
|spunk||slang for male sexual emission||full of "get up and go"|
|suspenders||hold up stockings||hold up trousers / pants|
|tea||drink served hot with milk||drink served cold with lemon|
|thong||casual footwear item||female underwear|
|tramp||unemployed, down-and-out||derogatory term for a female of
|vest||a garment worn under a shirt||the third part of a three piece
suit worn between the shirt and jacket
|wash up||wash dishes after a meal||wash face and hands|
Hope you guys that you will have benefited from this topic .
Have a Nice Day .
No comment given.
- ¿Cómo va vuestro verano?
- Do you know what's an 'au pair girl"?
- if you Learning Chinese, offering German or English! Add me on QQ!
- How did you overcome the difficulties of the beginning of new language learning ？
- Where can I find someone to talk in English?
- Meaning of arabic words
- 8/30: Fun English Teasers for English Learners (Difficulty: Easy)
- Fun English Teasers for English Learners
- I'm learning English and I can teach Spanish.
- What is your favourite food or things you would buy if you visit Korea?!!? (한국오면 꼭 살것들!?)