Site Feedback

how to learn a language as a baby

a baby learns his mother tongue easily in about two years and can speack well. how could we create a native circumstance as a foreign one? I think in that way we can master our language better and easier.

Share:

Comments

I'm a neuroscientist and I'll reply talking about the latest findings about language learning in babies. Babies and children up to 8-10 years of age follow usually a different technique which I would call "egoist": they don't care much about grammar and they just learn a lot of nouns first, and just after that they learn the basic forms of the verbs that correlate to the nouns they need, last they learn adverbs and slang. As an adult who is interested in using the new language asap I would start (as I'm personally doing with chinese) by learning the courtesy phrases (salutes, thanks, etc.) and the nouns of the job or activities which I'm expert of. Leave verbs, adverbs and grammar for later.

As a chinese,i think writing and pronunciation are hard for foreigners, the pronunciation changes the meaning will change.chinese doesn't have complex grammar as italian, and verb is very easy to use,another thing is as chinese is an ancient launguage,it includes many idioms and slangs,to understand them,you should know the culture,it's hard.I study italian at school, sometimes it makes me sick to remember the complex grammar and the different forms of the verb.i'm trying to find some interesting way to learn this language, do you have some good idea?

just try hard and make great efforts! 
Then u will find it si easier and easier.

Add a comment