The Arabic language
ARABIC ranks sixth in the world's league table of languages, with an estimated 186 million native speakers. As the language of the Qur'an, the holy book of Islam, it is also widely used throughout the Muslim world. It belongs to the Semitic group of languages which also includes Hebrew and Amharic, the main language of Ethiopia.
There are many Arabic dialects. Classical Arabic – the language of the Qur'an – was originally the dialect of Mecca in what is now Saudi Arabia. An adapted form of this, known as Modern Standard Arabic, is used in books, newspapers, on television and radio, in the mosques, and in conversation between educated Arabs from different countries (for example at international conferences).Local dialects vary, and a Moroccan might have difficulty understanding an Iraqi, even though they speak the same language
|Major languages of the world|
|(Number of native speakers)|
No comment given.
- How do you consider someone is weird or normal?
- Tutoring in English
- Les Japonais se méprennent vite..
- Speaking English fluently
- Looking for language partner
- Is education a privilege or a right?
- Tandem français-espagnol à Rennes
- Looking for someone to help me with my speak improvement.
- European migration problems
- indefinite pronouns,work on the bugs