The Arabic language
ARABIC ranks sixth in the world's league table of languages, with an estimated 186 million native speakers. As the language of the Qur'an, the holy book of Islam, it is also widely used throughout the Muslim world. It belongs to the Semitic group of languages which also includes Hebrew and Amharic, the main language of Ethiopia.
There are many Arabic dialects. Classical Arabic – the language of the Qur'an – was originally the dialect of Mecca in what is now Saudi Arabia. An adapted form of this, known as Modern Standard Arabic, is used in books, newspapers, on television and radio, in the mosques, and in conversation between educated Arabs from different countries (for example at international conferences).Local dialects vary, and a Moroccan might have difficulty understanding an Iraqi, even though they speak the same language
|Major languages of the world|
|(Number of native speakers)|
No comment given.
- Des jeux en français?
- What do you prefer? sweet or salty
- Peut on être heureux en communiquant
- Practicing English? Trial Sessions Available
- Learning chinese
- Learning Article : How Using Prepositions Changes Verb Meanings in Portuguese
- الحمد لله = praise be due to Allah
- Creen ustedes que una lengua extranjera se pueda aprender usando la lengua nativa?
- help me, is this article written correctly ?