The Arabic language
ARABIC ranks sixth in the world's league table of languages, with an estimated 186 million native speakers. As the language of the Qur'an, the holy book of Islam, it is also widely used throughout the Muslim world. It belongs to the Semitic group of languages which also includes Hebrew and Amharic, the main language of Ethiopia.
There are many Arabic dialects. Classical Arabic – the language of the Qur'an – was originally the dialect of Mecca in what is now Saudi Arabia. An adapted form of this, known as Modern Standard Arabic, is used in books, newspapers, on television and radio, in the mosques, and in conversation between educated Arabs from different countries (for example at international conferences).Local dialects vary, and a Moroccan might have difficulty understanding an Iraqi, even though they speak the same language
|Major languages of the world|
|(Number of native speakers)|
No comment given.
- what do you think about duolingo?
- About happyness
- Knowledge or marks which is important in life or for a good job?
- which language should i start with
- What do u think it's pretty different between Eastern and Western culture?
- if let you suggest book for kids,如果让你推荐几本书给孩子们
- hows wanna learn arabic
- Italian possessives of proper nouns
- Want to improve my french skills!
- Το δημοψήφισμα