What stereotypes do you know about your country?
For example, many people think that Russians drink vodka all the time and hug with bears.
It's not all true.
Russians living in the city prefer brandy or beer to vodka, although those who live in the village or small town really drink vodka - it's cheaper to get drunk.
Well, about bears -
Some people may think Peking Opera a symbol of China, actually it is the quintessence of Chinese culture, but it is not popular all over the country. Different places have different operas, people from Shanghai may like Hu(沪 the short name for Shanghai) opera, people from Guangdong may like Yue(粤 also short for Guangdong) oprea. And these traditional operas are not very popular among young people.
According to tradition it is supposed to be very lucky to throw a coin out of the train window when crossing the Forth bridge. Now, Scottish people are supposed to be very mean with their money, especially people from Aberdeen in the North East. There is a joke which says that an Aberdonian was killed because he threw his coin out attached to a string so he could pull it back in, but this got tangled in the girders and he was pulled right out of his seat.
Visitors do not find any truth in this stereotype. Nor do they believe the story!!
Or that there are only poverty and smiling people...
The true is that here we have a lot of rich places, huge cities (like São Paulo).
But of course, there are jungles... But not all territory covered by it, lol... ^^
And also , because of many muslims are living here, foreigners think that Turkish women are in chador,but no..we believe in democracy and everybody is free what they think and wear.
It would be better to be contemplator ;)
- Can you translate this sentence in Chinese？
- What do you think is the most sexy language?
- Do you think you deserve better than this?
- whats the meaning of "in a sense that?"
- hello everybody
- Foreign language instruction at schools in your country
- what is the meaning of "bronzé sur la plage" and "séjourné balnéaires"
- How to say ''Reality is what's agreed upon.'' in your language?
- I repeat the daniela's question: There is someone that can help me with English?