I heard some spoken words in Jawa. Could you please translate these words in English. "Neng kene neng kono, loro, turo, bobo, and puntan". Thanks a lot for your patience and kindness.
Neng Kene (Javanese, Ngoko) = Di sini (Indonesia) = Here
Neng kono (Javanese, Ngoko) = Di sana (Indonesia) = There
Loro has two meaning :
1. (Javanese, Ngoko) = Sakit (Indonesia) = Sick
2. (Javanese, Ngoko) = Dua (Indonesia) = Two
Turu (the correct one) and bobo has same meaning (Javanese, Ngoko) = Tidur (Indonesia) = Sleep
Punten (Sundanese) = Permisi (Indonesia) = Excuse me
Turo >>> Turu the corect one
Puntan >>> Punten, the correct one but its not javanese, its sundanese
Thank you so much for your translation and comment. Now those words are very clear to me specially their meaning. Perhaps someday I can use them if I will study Javanese language. If it's possible, could you please post a lesson in Javanese.
I will do that, step by step so just waiting the time..
Hello, all. I found you has a good understanding for Javanese, guys. May be I want to add some information.
There are some basic in writing Javanese languange that people forgotten sometimes. It's about writing of vocal letter (A,I,U,E,O). There is a difference both to write and speak even for the same word.
There are words spoken 'O', but actually should written 'A'. But there are also words both spoken and written 'O'. This is an explanation when "loro" must be transleted.
If written "loro" so it means "two" or "dua" in Bahasa, this is an example for words both spoken and written 'O'. But if translated as "sick" or "sakit", so "loro" should be literally write "lara".
There is a difference in pronouncation too, you'll understand me if you hear how this two words both "loro" and "lara" is spoken. ^^
I interseted to make a lesson in Javanese.
- Como funciona esta página
- Is there an advanced English learner free in to practice English now?
- Nice week end
- Learning Article : 2 Secrets To Boost Your Confidence In Foreign Language Interviews
- let's speak Arabic
- learn english
- Helping people... In your opinion, which is more important: "give a man a fish or teach him how to fish?"
- Regarder un film dans une langue étrangère
- Kaj pomeni beseda "monovka"?
- Parler français