Proverb of the day / Proverbe du jour / Proverbo del día
Basque proverbs and links to proverb websites Proverbes basques et liens vers pages à proverbes Proverbos vascos y vínculos a sitios con proverbos
Amen: Zu hor eta ni hemen "Let s agree to disagree" [amen: you there and me here] (http://www.buber.net/Basque/Euskara/proverb.html)
Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia "Working and working at it, iron can be pulverized" http://www.buber.net/Basque/Euskara/PDFs/proverbs.pdf Reminds me of the process of learning Basque, hehe!
Aditzale onari, hitz gutti "A word to the wise is sufficient" "Al buen entendedor pocas palabras" http://www.ametza.com/bbk/htdocs/garate.htm
"Empty houses are full of noises." It's from this list: http://www.proverbatim.com/basque/ No Basque translation available, though :(
Ardi txikia, beti bildots "The small sheep, always a lamb." Small people seem younger than they really are. From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Basque_proverbs
Txakur txikiak, zaunka handia ¨Small dog, big bark¨ / "Pequeño perro, gran ladrido"
Izena duen guztiak izatea ere badauke "Everything with a name exists" [everything that has a name also has existence]
Egizu beti on, ez jakinarren non "Do always the right thing, even if you don't know who benefits." [do always good, despite not knowing where] "Haz bien y no mires a quie'n." Also from http://www.buber.net/Basque/Euskara/proverb.html
I found this one listed as a Spanish proverb, hmmm...: "He who is a Basque, a good Christian and has two mules, needs nothing more." http://creativeproverbs.com/cgi-bin/sql_search3cp.cgi?boolean=and&field=all&frank=F&keyword=mule
Ardiak beeka egonik, ez du jaten belarrik "A bleating sheep eats no grass." [You can't act and talk at the same time. Don't just complain, take action.] also from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Basque_proverbs
- What are Muslims' views or attitude toward "women's rights" ?
- Happy Yorkshire Day :)
- Kumusta! Can someone help me to translate in Tagalog, please? It's a matter of vital importance *.*
- New friends Group
- There are a lot of French words prounce like English words, how to remember those words without confusion?
- Any Chinese learners feel Chinese is harder than other Asia languages?
- The college entrance examination Chinese in Russia
- Everyone would likes to be my friend?
- Interesting “round table” programs on Youtube
- half life, half life 2, episode 1, episode 2.