Site Feedback

Proverb of the day / Proverbe du jour / Proverbo del día

Basque proverbs and links to proverb websites Proverbes basques et liens vers pages à proverbes Proverbos vascos y vínculos a sitios con proverbos

Amen: Zu hor eta ni hemen "Let s agree to disagree" [amen: you there and me here] (

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia "Working and working at it, iron can be pulverized" Reminds me of the process of learning Basque, hehe!

Aditzale onari, hitz gutti "A word to the wise is sufficient" "Al buen entendedor pocas palabras"

"Empty houses are full of noises." It's from this list: No Basque translation available, though :(

Ardi txikia, beti bildots "The small sheep, always a lamb." Small people seem younger than they really are. From:

Txakur txikiak, zaunka handia ¨Small dog, big bark¨ / "Pequeño perro, gran ladrido"

Izena duen guztiak izatea ere badauke "Everything with a name exists" [everything that has a name also has existence]

Egizu beti on, ez jakinarren non "Do always the right thing, even if you don't know who benefits." [do always good, despite not knowing where] "Haz bien y no mires a quie'n." Also from

I found this one listed as a Spanish proverb, hmmm...: "He who is a Basque, a good Christian and has two mules, needs nothing more."

Ardiak beeka egonik, ez du jaten belarrik "A bleating sheep eats no grass." [You can't act and talk at the same time. Don't just complain, take action.] also from

Add a comment