Site Feedback

Your Passion for Teaching

Hello fellow teachers or potential teachers,

I am very curious as to what your passion for teaching is, otherwise... what is your pedegogy or educational philosophy is. I believe every teacher should be passionate in teaching and should have a written pedegogy to keep in line with their beliefes of wanting to be a teacher. A pedegogy should be written with a lot of reflection amongst yourself and your concern for your students. If you could, I would like to see your beliefs that you have in being a teacher.

I guess that you don't have to have passion for teaching.

I believe that passion for teaching is needed.  The presence or absence of passion does come through one's teaching.  Without it, I find the students lose interest very quickly.  I don't think a teacher has to put on a "show" for the class.  However, I do believe that one should have enthusiasm, truly desire to see the student succeed in his/her goals with the language at hand, and genuinely praise the student  when s/he does a good job...genuine praise goes a long way in building a student's self-confidence, which I believe can propel him/her to push further successfully in the chosen language.

I believe passion from a teacher can  be easily seen from a student. Think about when you, as a student, started a new school year; I'm sure you had all the expectations in the world of how this school year, or class, will be so great. ESL/EFL students have these also...they want to have a really good, memorable experience. As for a teacher putting on a "show"...a teacher should bring to the class as much as he/she can. I try to show this in my class with teachers/potential teachers that a teacher has many qualities as an arsenal to captivate students attention to study more effectively...dancer, entertainer, singer, artist, storyteller, mentor, etc. original post went over the 1000 character mark.

Add a comment