Site Feedback

Your Passion for Teaching

Hello fellow teachers or potential teachers,

I am very curious as to what your passion for teaching is, otherwise... what is your pedegogy or educational philosophy is. I believe every teacher should be passionate in teaching and should have a written pedegogy to keep in line with their beliefes of wanting to be a teacher. A pedegogy should be written with a lot of reflection amongst yourself and your concern for your students. If you could, I would like to see your beliefs that you have in being a teacher.

Share:

Comments

I guess that you don't have to have passion for teaching.

I believe that passion for teaching is needed.  The presence or absence of passion does come through one's teaching.  Without it, I find the students lose interest very quickly.  I don't think a teacher has to put on a "show" for the class.  However, I do believe that one should have enthusiasm, truly desire to see the student succeed in his/her goals with the language at hand, and genuinely praise the student  when s/he does a good job...genuine praise goes a long way in building a student's self-confidence, which I believe can propel him/her to push further successfully in the chosen language.

I believe passion from a teacher can  be easily seen from a student. Think about when you, as a student, started a new school year; I'm sure you had all the expectations in the world of how this school year, or class, will be so great. ESL/EFL students have these also...they want to have a really good, memorable experience. As for a teacher putting on a "show"...a teacher should bring to the class as much as he/she can. I try to show this in my class with teachers/potential teachers that a teacher has many qualities as an arsenal to captivate students attention to study more effectively...dancer, entertainer, singer, artist, storyteller, mentor, etc.

sorry..my original post went over the 1000 character mark.

Add a comment