Site Feedback

Where should we put a question word in a Chinese sentence?

I mean how to use a question word in a question.

Share:

Comments

At first let's have a look of some Chinese questions with some question words in: 1Nǐ yào mǎi shénme?(What are you going to buy?) 你 要 买 什 么? Wǒ yào mǎi shū。(I am going to buy a book.) 我 要 买 书 。 2Shuí yào mǎi shū?(Who is going to buy a book?) 谁 要 买 书 ? Wǒ yào mǎi shū.(I am going to buy a book.) 我 要 买 书 . 3 Nǐ qù nǎr mǎishū?(Where will you buy a book?) 你去哪儿 买 书 ? Wǒ qù shūdiàn mǎishū。(I will go to a bookstore to buy a book.) 我 去 书 店 买 书 。 4 Nǐ qù shūdiàn mǎi shénme shū?(What kind book do you want to buy ?) 你 去 书 店 买 什 么 书 ? Wǒ qù shūdiàn mǎi Hànyǔshū。(I want to buy a Chinese book.) 我 去 书 店 买 汉 语书 。 5Nǐ qù nǎ gè shūdiàn mǎi?(Which bookstore will you go?) 你 去 哪个 书 店 买 ? Wǒ qù Shuǐchénglù de shūdiàn mǎi。(I'll buy at the bookstore on 我 去 水 城 路 的 书 店 买 。Shuicheng Road.) 6Nǐ hé shuí yìqǐ qù?(Who will you go with?) 你 和 谁 一起去? Wǒ hé Tom yìqǐ qù。(I'll go to there with Tom.) 我 和 Tom 一起去。 7Nǐmen shénmeshíhou qù?(When will you go to there?) 你们 什 么时 候 去? Wǒmen jīntiān xiàwǔ qù。(We will go to there this afternoon.) 我们 今 天 下 午去。 8Nǐmen jǐdiǎn qù?(What time will you go to there?) 你们 几点 去? Wǒmen liǎngdiǎn qù。(We'll go to there at 2 o'clock.) 我 们 两 点 去。 9Nǐmen zěnmeqù?(How will you go to there?) 你们 怎 么去? Wǒmen zuòchē qù。(We'll go by bus.) 我们 坐 车 去。 10Tom shì nǎguórén?(What nationality is Tom?) Tom 是 哪国 人 ? Tā shì Měiguórén。(He is American.) 他 是 美 国 人 。 Try to find the regulation of the Chinese question with a question word Hint: Pay more attention between the question and answer. Good luck!

I think the word that is asked for by a question word does always replace the question word in the answer, It' just exact the same sentence except the question word that is replaced by the word that was asked for.

Good! Right!

And that means we don't change the order of the sentence when we make a question.

Add a comment