Hello/Hi (similar to tagalog but the spelling differ like helo/hi)
How are you? = kumusta ka?/kumusta ka na?(singular)
kumusta po kayo?(plural)
kumusta po sila?kumusta sila?
you(singular) = ikaw
you(plural) = kayo
they = sila
po = form of respect, usually said to elder persons
Kain na po- Lets eat. (cause here in the Philippines its in our tradition and culture that if we have a guest during eating time, we usually ask them to eat with us, iregardless of how meak our meal is).
Magandang tanghali po. Good noon
Magandang hapon po - Good afternoon
Magandang gabi po- Good evening - konabanwa
salamat po- Thank you so much
May tawad pa po ba? - Does this have a discount? (we filipinos love to shop and love to bargain)
Ingat po - Please take care
Tara - lets go
More of these when I come back...Nice Freda! This is a good learning ground for those who want to learn more of our language. In this way also they will learn our culture and cultural heritage. Because tagalog isn't just a language, its part of our history of our origin, of our art and culture.
- What will you be doing in 5 years time?
- language exchangeing
- Whatsapp group is looking for Italian learners
- Salve a tutti !
- What do u think about a true friend?
- Why do italki members discuss language learning related topics?
- If this doesn't give you the goosebumps...
- Beijing , Jia You! Laussane, Aller!!
- Do Koreans have traditional party dances?
- Exchanging Chinese/English with Arabic