Site Feedback

What it is worthwhile seeing being in Poland, the most beautiful cities and places.. cheap hotels, the good food:)

Share your impressions and experience :-) I successively will try to put descriptions of cities and places where it is possible well and cheap to eat, to have a nice conversation and to dance:)..

Share:

Comments

Poland is a very beautiful country, with many many places worth seeing. If you are coming from Western Europe or America generally you will find it cheaper than at home. Places I think you must visit include Krakow. When you are there you must take time out to visit Oswiecim (Auschwitz) a place which will really make you think and The Salt Mine in Wieliczka a fantastic underground experience with many amazing sights. If you go to Oswiecim watch out for the taxi drivers - tourist rip off merchants!
I agree with the above (in fact I just came back from Wieliczka, Kraków and Oświęcim last week).  In addition, trzy miesząc (Gdansk and surrounding cities) is a very nice place to be.  The waterfront in particular is very nice, a nice promenade and lots of swans. Also, the south of Poland near the mountains is very picturesque, hilly terrain where the people are very laid back and friendly.

i was in Kraków once, i can recommend the kiełbasa and oscypek from the main square, ice cream in the italian lody cafe in Galeria krakowska and the walking tours around the city. 

I went on the Schindlers list walking tour and the communist walking tour. These walking tours are great because you get to see historical places and have them explained to you. We went to on the communist tour to Nowa Huta, our guide was from their and she gave us many insights into the place. She also took us to a coffee shop where we were shown a film about the area.

the one thing i didn't like so much was that i couldn't practice my poor polish because many poles in this city have excellent english

Add a comment