Site Feedback

When I have to put ING after verbs

Hi, guys!

There are some verbs , like LIKE (it wasn't a joke), START and STOP that we have to put ING after them.

Could someone tell me after what kind of verb I have to do that?

Thanks a lot!

Hugs!

Share:

Comments

after(( is , am ,are ))
exemple: iam going home
he is waiting ...
they are working.
i thing this three exemples can help you!

hi! How are you ?
i want to learn english can you help me ,

Can i use ING after see,

You don't have to put "ING". That sufix is the "gerunde" form of the verb. You put it in a verb when the action of this verb prolongs in the time line.

exemple: John asks: "Let's go to the mall tomorrow morning?"
you answer: "no, thanks, I will be surfing tomorrow morning"

there is a lot of other situations. that's an other exemple:

"What are you doING? "
"I'm makING a cake"

Hoppe I could help you!

Here's an other thing... when you want to say the verbs in infinitve form, and you want to do that without it looke like a joke (like LIKE - in your text), use it like this: "TO LIKE" with the " (I forgot the name) on it.

See you

I was studying about it. And I found out the answer that I was looking for, but thanks everyone!

My doubt was about the STATE verbs, which almost never are wrote in its gerund form. As an example we have stop, belong, start, love, hate and verbs of emotion and other things.

But, If I am wrong, please, someone corrects me!

Sao os gerundios (em Portugues fazendo, comprando, comendo etc, ndo = ing)
hi i saw ur qution when u have to put ing verbes? the answer when the action still have sens i mean it s contining exampl i am going ; it mean s  the verb going still have action from the present till the future ....any way if u dont understand it i can explain more ok

and all the verbes can contined ing 

Add a comment