Ethnologue estimates that there are 6909 living languages in the World.
According to Ethnologue the world's top 5 most spoken languages are:
1. Chinese (1213 million)
2. Spanish (329 million)
3. English (328 million)
4. Arabic (221 million)
5. Hindi (182 million)
According to Council of Europe:
"Russia (148 million inhabitants) has by far the highest number of languages spoken on its territory: from 130 to 200 depending on the criteria."
"The non-European languages most widely used on European territory are Arabic, Chinese and Hindi, each with its own writing system."
According to funshun.com:
"Victor Hugo's 'Les Miserable' contains one of the longest sentences in the French language with 823 words without a period."
- Need help please!
- Inspirational Biographies
- Learning an instrument- like learning a language?
- What kind of festivals that you have?national day? Christma?Spring Festival?
- Another aspect of the ban
- Can we talk about idioms many native english speakers use?
- Please, help me with translation:
- 交換語言 Language exchange
- I really need your excellent suggestions, thaks a lot firstly. If it were you, which you choose
- I look for engineers to ask a question (casting, forge or mechanical production).