Ethnologue estimates that there are 6909 living languages in the World.
According to Ethnologue the world's top 5 most spoken languages are:
1. Chinese (1213 million)
2. Spanish (329 million)
3. English (328 million)
4. Arabic (221 million)
5. Hindi (182 million)
According to Council of Europe:
"Russia (148 million inhabitants) has by far the highest number of languages spoken on its territory: from 130 to 200 depending on the criteria."
"The non-European languages most widely used on European territory are Arabic, Chinese and Hindi, each with its own writing system."
According to funshun.com:
"Victor Hugo's 'Les Miserable' contains one of the longest sentences in the French language with 823 words without a period."
- How do you learn in order to be fluent when it comes to learning languages?
- Can a social-app (e.g. WhatsApp, Telegram) help learning a language?
- How to be an instantaneous speaker?
- How do you build your vocabulary?
- what do you think about duolingo?
- About happyness
- Knowledge or marks which is important in life or for a good job?
- which language should i start with
- What do u think it's pretty different between Eastern and Western culture?
- if let you suggest book for kids,如果让你推荐几本书给孩子们