Ethnologue estimates that there are 6909 living languages in the World.
According to Ethnologue the world's top 5 most spoken languages are:
1. Chinese (1213 million)
2. Spanish (329 million)
3. English (328 million)
4. Arabic (221 million)
5. Hindi (182 million)
According to Council of Europe:
"Russia (148 million inhabitants) has by far the highest number of languages spoken on its territory: from 130 to 200 depending on the criteria."
"The non-European languages most widely used on European territory are Arabic, Chinese and Hindi, each with its own writing system."
According to funshun.com:
"Victor Hugo's 'Les Miserable' contains one of the longest sentences in the French language with 823 words without a period."
- Learning Article : 10 Word Pairs That Students Often Misuse In English
- Do you like class?
- Tox is the future
- معنى بائع بالروسي what the meaning seller in russian
- Group English Chat?
- Travel buddy in Japan
- Francais = Canada vs France
- Learning lungages is interesting!
- تبادل لغوي - échange linguistique
- What's your favorite poem?