Is this translated correctly? (2)
А. П. Платонов - Неизвестный цветок
А однажды упало из ветра одно семечко, и приютилось оно в ямке меж
камнем и глиной. Долго томилось это семечко, а потом напиталось росой,
распалось, выпустило из себя тонкие волоски корешка, впилось ими в камень и в глину и стало расти.
A. P. Platonov - The unknown flower
Once upon a time one seed was thrown out from the wind, and it took shelter in the hole between a stone and a clay. For a long time it was pining for a drink, but after that it filled of dew. At last, it fell to pieces, set thin hair of the rootlet free, stuck of them into a stone and a clay and was growing up.
Your translation is not exactly incorrect, it's just awkward English. This may sound better:
Once the wind dropped one seed and it found a shelter in a hole between a stone and clay. For a long time it was pining for a drink and then filled up with dew, fell to pieces, put out thin little roots, thrust them into the stone and clay and started to grow.
Thank you very much)
- What do you think of Indonesia?
- pronunciation rules in Russian
- my problem with grammer
- Would it be possible to change English spelling so that it was completely phonetic?
- how to keep going ?
- Different skill levels between conversation partners: a problem?
- musik auf deutsche
- Does anyone watch Little People, Big World?
- Best Videos Games by Console
- La route des vins, Québec