Is this translated correctly? (2)
А. П. Платонов - Неизвестный цветок
А однажды упало из ветра одно семечко, и приютилось оно в ямке меж
камнем и глиной. Долго томилось это семечко, а потом напиталось росой,
распалось, выпустило из себя тонкие волоски корешка, впилось ими в камень и в глину и стало расти.
A. P. Platonov - The unknown flower
Once upon a time one seed was thrown out from the wind, and it took shelter in the hole between a stone and a clay. For a long time it was pining for a drink, but after that it filled of dew. At last, it fell to pieces, set thin hair of the rootlet free, stuck of them into a stone and a clay and was growing up.
Your translation is not exactly incorrect, it's just awkward English. This may sound better:
Once the wind dropped one seed and it found a shelter in a hole between a stone and clay. For a long time it was pining for a drink and then filled up with dew, fell to pieces, put out thin little roots, thrust them into the stone and clay and started to grow.
Thank you very much)
- "node" and "kara"
- Alguien para hacer un intercambio!!
- Recursos Gratuitos para Aprender Ingles
- Learning Article : Serbian Color Similies
- Learn English
- is it true the people from sweden and norway speak English very well?
- Improove my english
- why Arabic ?
- Does having"C1"or"C2" mean that you don't write notebook entries?
- Are you afraid of something?