Is this translated correctly? (2)
А. П. Платонов - Неизвестный цветок
А однажды упало из ветра одно семечко, и приютилось оно в ямке меж
камнем и глиной. Долго томилось это семечко, а потом напиталось росой,
распалось, выпустило из себя тонкие волоски корешка, впилось ими в камень и в глину и стало расти.
A. P. Platonov - The unknown flower
Once upon a time one seed was thrown out from the wind, and it took shelter in the hole between a stone and a clay. For a long time it was pining for a drink, but after that it filled of dew. At last, it fell to pieces, set thin hair of the rootlet free, stuck of them into a stone and a clay and was growing up.
Your translation is not exactly incorrect, it's just awkward English. This may sound better:
Once the wind dropped one seed and it found a shelter in a hole between a stone and clay. For a long time it was pining for a drink and then filled up with dew, fell to pieces, put out thin little roots, thrust them into the stone and clay and started to grow.
Thank you very much)
- Present/Present continuous
- FREE JAPANESE AS SECOND LANGUAGE LESSON (for English speakers and leaning Japanese)
- I need to learn German
- What are your Views on Indian culture?
- International business or foreign affairs?
- English learning
- Which are the phrasal verbs more common in English?
- Is there any English Friend ?
- Better at remembering the meanings Chinese characters than the sounds of the words
- Which station of the year you like more? Why?