Fluency vs Accuracy
Hello everyone, I´m new in this group and I hope I can improve my english talking to you in this way. I think Accuracy is more important when you are trying to communicate with somebody in order to this person understand you; but, certainly you want to speak English appropriately, so I think both are join each other.
I assume you mean grammatical accuracy. In this case, I would choose fluency over accuracy. For a L2 speaker, they have the linguisitc environment, so they know little about English. The problem for them to study English are lack of vocabulary and making mistakes in grammar. They know some simple words, that's enough for communication. What's hard is to get them talk!!!!
I rethought my answer, and I think it is better to apply in the case of EFL. For a L2 speaker accuracy does comes upon fluency on daily communication to avoid the unconvieniences caused by misunderstanding. However, my idea was that learners should not be afraid to speak in class (with/without mistakes). As long as you speak, your faulty English will be assimilated by the correct ones.
- What is the right way to use Russian verbs correctly?
- Cuáles son los artistas que te gusta ? Y Porqué
- Lets play a game
- prise de contact
- Year-Long Language Programs (Arabic/French)
- How can I use italki points?
- Okay guys. What is this all about?
- 怎么学英语。How to learn English.
- What is your favorite day of the week? Why?
- What is Your Fantasy Vacation