B or BO
B and BO both translate as IN. When do you use one or the other?
We use "В" with the words beginnig with vowels. eg - В океане
And "Во" for the words beginning with consonants. eg - Во дворе
Irina, not so simple. For instance, I will say "В замке/в крепости/в магазине", but they all start with consonants. There is no strict rule. I have found similar question with good answers here: http://otvety.google.ru/otvety/thread?tid=3a5f8ea58e170c25&pli=1
It gives me a good general idea.
"О" is a connecting vowel. For exemple, in french you speek: '' Quel musée cherche-t-il?'' - He searches for what museum?. Or in english you use '' There are...''. The last latters said, but ussually not said.
So, this object hasn't a rule.
В банке, во саду= в саду, в руке, во мне( but not в мне), в огне(but not во огне)
- What did you do when you are in the highest level of boredom?
- Idéer för en novell
- Disadvantages of learning more than 2 languages
- Find someone who want to learn Mandarin.
- Find a friend who speaks English, i can speak Chinese with you
- Did anyone else get this amazing opportunity?
- Italian Singers
- Their self-harm is a normal behavior? （ps：如果你说是的，我保证不打屎你！）
- When in question does, and when is, are, am?
- You speak Spanish and want to learn Dutch?