B or BO
B and BO both translate as IN. When do you use one or the other?
We use "В" with the words beginnig with vowels. eg - В океане
And "Во" for the words beginning with consonants. eg - Во дворе
Irina, not so simple. For instance, I will say "В замке/в крепости/в магазине", but they all start with consonants. There is no strict rule. I have found similar question with good answers here: http://otvety.google.ru/otvety/thread?tid=3a5f8ea58e170c25&pli=1
It gives me a good general idea.
"О" is a connecting vowel. For exemple, in french you speek: '' Quel musée cherche-t-il?'' - He searches for what museum?. Or in english you use '' There are...''. The last latters said, but ussually not said.
So, this object hasn't a rule.
В банке, во саду= в саду, в руке, во мне( but not в мне), в огне(but not во огне)
- Life's difficulties
- English (USA) Honorifics ?!?!? (英語 敬語 ?!?!?!)
- News on facebook.
- What's your favorite Fashion brand or style? ^^
- Aprender Ingles e Ensinar Portugues in the SKYPE or WHATS APP
- what was the most novl you liked ? do you prefer to read or watch the novel as a movie ?
- ¿Qué programas de tele (españoles) debo ver?
- who needs a language exchange
- Do you use Italki for collecting Skype contacts?
- Who is your favourite Mexican singer/band?