I can teach you Shanghainese with a romanization system as well as the proper Chinese Character
This romanization system is derived from the similar systems used by missionaries in the end of 19th century, which is for the learner far more suitable than the Hanyu Pinyin system as Pinyin is not capable to reflect Shanghainese phonology.
I can also teach you how to write Shanghainese with the proper Chinese character. In terms of proper, it means write Shanghainese with the characters match their meaning and Shanghainese phonology, in stead of the popular way seen in the internet forum, which picks characters randomly (and often roughly and clumsily) to mimic the sound with the Mandarin pronunciation without considering the characters' meaning. The resulting text will look similar to Mandarin but with Shanghainese features, therefore an educated Mandarin speaker can still understand most parts of the text even he knows little about Shanghainese pronunciation.
No comment given.
- Learning chinese
- Learning Article : How Using Prepositions Changes Verb Meanings in Portuguese
- الحمد لله = praise be due to Allah
- Creen ustedes que una lengua extranjera se pueda aprender usando la lengua nativa?
- help me, is this article written correctly ?
- hi, how can we use the site to talk on line? please help
- Do you speak English?
- Le français
- Holidays in Madrid
- Genki Study Buddy?