Site Feedback

Movie Club

How about we take a movie per week for discussion?

Romantic Comedy "Amélie" (2001)

The trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G7CkdZoEK4

The discussions about previous movies are still open, if you have any ideas, please, bring them on ;)

Any suggestions about the future movies are welcome. Thank you.

Share:

Comments

It's about dreaming in the dreamy world, and dreaming in the second, third, forth dreamy world...Like we sometimes dream we are dreaming, but the difference is even the people in the dreamy world are dreaming in their dreamy worlds... Fantastic... Only once have I watched it  so I haven't understood it well.

katya - I bought the dvd in Moscow when it came out - dubbed in Russian only.  I have watched it a couple of times and to tell you the truth I am somewhat confused.   Maybe someone will help me make more sense of it as well  . . . . . 

Started watching the movie, seen only 53 minutes, now not sure whether I am dreaming or living... so far very complicated :)

Is it with Leonardo DiCaprio? If, yes, I saw it and I liked it very much. The plot of movie is very interesting and the cast is selected perfectly!:))))) This movie is about our dreams and people who can come in our dreams and change them, even manage! Am I right?:))))))))))

Sure!:))) I have just insured and re asked!:))))Laughing

Now I am wobblingly ready to discuss "Inception". First of all, thank you so much for giving me your "bad vs good" opinions on the movie. Dear girls, I have passed the stage when I watch the movie just for the heck of it. The screen time must provide for me something, it can be an entertainment as well, but normally food for ideas, it could be just a mere hint how to strike a thrilling conversation or what to discuss with you, my friends!

Back to the movie... it is challenging, really thought-provoking. Guys&Gals, have you ever been killed or hurt in your dream? Have you ever experienced the sensation of fall or flight? Do you feel pain in your dream? Frankly speaking, I was shot once in my dream, I remember blood and pain the solar plexus. It was sharp pain. The first my thought was "what to think of for the last time"?

How does it feel to wake up from a nightmare? I was frightened, frightened to death. After awakening, it feels as if something scratching inside of you is getting ready to jump out.

Why do you think Dom Cobb doesn't want to see his children's faces? Why does he say to his dead wife Mal "I don't trust you anymore"? What's a totem? Why can't anyone else except you touch it, and where the idea has come from? Any thoughts?

Well girls and guys, I have watched it almost a year back, loved the idea couldn't move my eyes for 2hrs 15mins. Well the important part is how much of it I remember. It was something like entering into the subconscious on another person and try to persuade them by planting your idea in their subconscious, for achieving desired results thats what I can recall from my subconsciousTongue Out. Why nobody else can use your totem because only you know how it works having a faith in a totem crafted by your own hands. But Katya I have a questionfor you, if you can't use the totem of anybody else how come, Cobb was using his wife's totem??Wink

@Nabeel, my dear friend, the important part of any movie is what's left when everything else is forgotten! To my humble opinion, if a movie evokes any feelings or ideas, it was worth watching.

Totem by notion is an object which is sacred for not just one person but for a group of people. Here appears a little contradiction. To your question, I reckon he could use Mal's totem because she was a part of his mind, so part of him. 

Question to you, Nabeel, we know how Dom's totem worked, the humming-top wouldn't stop if he was in the dream, but how the rest of the totems worked? Like a dice or a chess queen? Wink

@Katya, we are on the same page;) I agree Cobb was part of Mal, in addition to that, what I remember what I got was, albiet the totem was Mal's idea, but the idea of Inception was Cobb's, he created the idea in Mal's subconscious so he was able to use the spining top.

Well here comes the difficult part, the Loaded Dice, again as far as I remember, he was telling the girl that the numbers would be what he expects them to be in a dream, it was something like that, if he rolls the dice a same number would appear on both of them, when he is in a dream whereas, in reality the numbers would appear like normal.

Add a comment