The minus sign -
What does the minus sign stand for? How is it pronounced? Is it rarely used?
1) to contract words. eg гос-о (государство) - you must reand the full form of the word
2) to add necessary suffix почему-то - you must read just like "почемуто"
3) in some words with 2 roots тёмно-синий - to read "тёмносиний"
Hi! You need not pronounce it at all.It`s the sign,not the word.It means the absence of the predicite which in european languages is expressed with the help of "to be". For exm:"you are a student" in Russian is written with - instead of "are".It is a dash.And it`s read and pronounced as "you a student". Irina wrote some examples with a hyphen but there are more of them. The sign is used to separate the syllables in written form.It`s better not to mix a hyphen, a minus sign and a dash.The "minus sign" is used only in the connection with mathematics.
- skype group for females
- what's the best way to learn german faster ?
- How do you set your keyboard to type accented letters
- why are my english notebooks/discussions being written in arabic division ?
- impara l'italiano ,cucinando! modi di dire legati al cibo :ACQUA IN BOCCA
- Impara l'italiano,cucinando!Modi di dire legati al ciboUSARE IL BASTONE E LA CAROTA / ACQUA IN BOCCA
- Orasul dorintei
- How do you consider someone is weird or normal?
- Tutoring in English