The minus sign -
What does the minus sign stand for? How is it pronounced? Is it rarely used?
1) to contract words. eg гос-о (государство) - you must reand the full form of the word
2) to add necessary suffix почему-то - you must read just like "почемуто"
3) in some words with 2 roots тёмно-синий - to read "тёмносиний"
Hi! You need not pronounce it at all.It`s the sign,not the word.It means the absence of the predicite which in european languages is expressed with the help of "to be". For exm:"you are a student" in Russian is written with - instead of "are".It is a dash.And it`s read and pronounced as "you a student". Irina wrote some examples with a hyphen but there are more of them. The sign is used to separate the syllables in written form.It`s better not to mix a hyphen, a minus sign and a dash.The "minus sign" is used only in the connection with mathematics.
- How speak English fluently?
- learning english for free
- Bailando- Enrique Iglesias
- anyone who wants to learn arabic
- Salut! Ciao!
- Choosing a new language
- TestDaf oder DSH?
- New girl :)
- yok and yoktur
- When is it time to accept?