Site Feedback

Foreigners Living in Thailand

I being a foreigner, also known as a Farang, have been livng in Thailand for 3 years now. I have lived in, Chiang mai, Takor, a small village, with 38 familes all related to one another. Takor is approximately 20 kilometers from the city of Yasothon in the Issan area of of Thailand. I have been living in a small city within Bangkok for 2 years now.

I have learned many things and have had to accept many things, I,  still do not understand. Specificaly thai ladies. Each is different and unique in their own ways but adhere to the standards to thai culture. One must have respect for thai culure and thai people it is a must if there is any intent on living here. 

Share:

Comments

I believe that you have seen many very native Thai cultures while you lived in the countryside of Yasothorn province. I think it was not easy for a city man to adapt oneself to that remote life style, was it ? Must have so many fun experiences from there.

Well, about Thai culture and society even though I am Thai but there are many things still hard to understand.

Thailand is a place where is full of many funny and crazy things, rare and unusual and hard to understand. No wonder if western visitors are unfamiliar to the Thai culture. I have small example that during a funeral in the temple you can find a group of people play card , gambling there.

Add a comment