Lesson 5 - Days of the week in Russian
Days of the week
Here's how to say the days of the week in Russian. Note that Russians don't capitalize the days of the week unless they occur in the beginning of a sentence. Learning words for all days of the week should further improve your essential Russian vocabulary.
понедельник - Monday [pah-nee-dyehl'-neek]
вторник - Tuesday [vtohr-neek]
среда - Wednesday [sre-dah]
четверг - Thursday [chet-vyehrg]
пятница - Friday [pyaht-nee-tsah]
суббота - Saturday [soo-boh-tah]
воскресенье - Sunday [vahs-kre-syen'-yeh]
день - day [dyehn']
неделя - week [nee-dyeh-lyah]
месяц - month [myeh-syahts]
год - year [gohd]
сегодня - today [se-vod-nyah]
завтра - tomorrow [zahv-trah]
вчера - yesterday [vche-rah]
Какой сегодня день? - What day is it today? [kah-koy se-vohd-nyah dyehn']
Сегодня среда. – Today is Wednesday. [se-vod-nya sreh-da]
No comment given.
- merhaba herkes
- learning Spanish
- English idioms
- Do relationships affect career?
- Do you enjoy poems? I am going to share some Spanish poems. Please give me some English poems that you know.
- that was true happiness
- french books
- What do you know about Belarus?
- Where is the best place to study Chinese in China?
- which city is better to live in? Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore?