Lesson 5 - Days of the week in Russian
Days of the week
Here's how to say the days of the week in Russian. Note that Russians don't capitalize the days of the week unless they occur in the beginning of a sentence. Learning words for all days of the week should further improve your essential Russian vocabulary.
понедельник - Monday [pah-nee-dyehl'-neek]
вторник - Tuesday [vtohr-neek]
среда - Wednesday [sre-dah]
четверг - Thursday [chet-vyehrg]
пятница - Friday [pyaht-nee-tsah]
суббота - Saturday [soo-boh-tah]
воскресенье - Sunday [vahs-kre-syen'-yeh]
день - day [dyehn']
неделя - week [nee-dyeh-lyah]
месяц - month [myeh-syahts]
год - year [gohd]
сегодня - today [se-vod-nyah]
завтра - tomorrow [zahv-trah]
вчера - yesterday [vche-rah]
Какой сегодня день? - What day is it today? [kah-koy se-vohd-nyah dyehn']
Сегодня среда. – Today is Wednesday. [se-vod-nya sreh-da]
No comment given.
- Is learning a language a subconscious process ?
- How common is to use would to talk about the past?
- Are any Italki teachers teaching from al-Kitaab?
- French music !
- English - Russian skype voice talks
- Un articolo interessante
- La Guerra Civil Española
- This question is for people who make notebook corrections on italki
- How much time you spend to pull up English to level Advanced?
- A kind of man at the coner of a society