Problems about Learning Thai Words
ก I find there are two ways to read this consonant, one is 'gor' and the other is 'k'. The question is how can I know when I should read it 'gor' or 'k'.
In the vocab หมีและ , how can I read the word หมี in right order? Can any one write the phonetic transcription for me? And also the vocab ลิง
เช้า ให้ see these two words, they all have the tone mark ช้ ห้, but why they have different tone when we read that.
The last question is what does เกะกะ mean?
g = ก ;for example, ก็ = gor(falling tone ) / กิน = gin (eat) / กบ = gob (frog)
k = ค ;for example, ควาย = kwaay (buffalo) / ใคร = krai (who) / คำ = kam (word)
หมี mii (rising tone)
ลิง ling (Mid tone) pronounce like you say "away / hide / guy " (ลิง This is spoken in ordinary tone of voice without any inflection.)
on that page you'll see box(Enter english or Thai term) for insert word
copy or type the word หมี in the box ......and click go
on that page ..click speaker icon for listening audio clip
listen and you'll know how to pronounce หมี
and do the same steps for another words
i type long answer.....the system dont let me Answer icon !! (i can type only 3 - 1000 characters)
3) เช้า / ให้ yeah! it's pronounced in diferent tone! ....how can i explain this....umm..like the word ไหม้ ไม่ ( it's pronounced in the same tone but different writing and meaning !) ไหม้ = burn ไม่ = no
ahh...Thai is difficult not only for foreigners but also Thai people like me ^^
aha!...this site might help you to understand thishttp://www.learningthai.com/
at the main menu ,>>> Lean to read thai >>> choose "learn the tone"
on this page ....when you click icon in front of the word.....you'll hear how to pronounce that word. ^.^
and i wanna recommend this http://www.learningthai.com/books/manee/
Learn to read Thai with Manee and friends
choose the lesson or section for learning!!! and also when you click the icon in front of the words or sentence,
you'll hear how to pronounce ^__^
oh i cant reply again !!
i'm sure i type less than 1000 characters each post.....but why system doesnt let me answer the question??
reply icon doesn't reponse !?!
Wow!! lesson 13 สู้ สู้นะ!!
- BAHASA INDONESIA TERM Words
- What does "less intelligent means?"
- study language
- How is Australia viewed by the average Chinese person?
- Quel est votre film préféré?
- Help me, Please!
- هل أنت تريد أو لاتريد؟
- 请大家猜个谜语（Please guess a riddle）
- I am Chinese, I want to ask that, is psychological education be taken seriously in your country???
- Are the 6 official UN languages truly official??