Lesson 8 - Family talk
Words and phrases associated with families.
This will allow you to talk about your family, which is a popular topic of conversation in Russia. One of the important concepts that we introduce in this lesson is possessive pronoun. Possessive pronouns are words such as: my, your, his, her, our. Personal pronouns are normally used to indicate the ownership of an object.
Here are the words Russians commonly use to refer to members of their family:
Мать - mother
Отец - father
Мама - mum
Папа - dad
Сестра - sister
Брат - brother
Дочь - daughter
Сын - son
Бабушка - grandmother
Дедушка - grandfather
Жена - wife
Муж – husband
Just like English, in Russian there are two ways to refer to your mother and father. For example we use the words mom and dad. Most commonly Russians use the words Mama and Papa to refer to their parents.
Here are some other words that it is a talk about members of your family.
Тётя - aunt
Дядя - uncle
Родители - parents
Дети - children
Внучка - granddaughter
Внук - grandson
Семья – family
No comment given.
- I need a practice partner! 도와주세요! c:
- Discusss one global issue that is of concern to you.
- How to get the most out of phrasebooks and SRS apps?
- I am looking for a text of this song!
- What is your favourite NFL team and why?
- Juego de Tronos (Game of Thrones) / Saga 'Canción de Hielo y Fuego' (The Song of Ice and Fire)
- whats your opinion about Iranan nuclear program
- What is your favorite sport ? And favorite team in the world ?
- English Comprehension
- где я могу смотрить индийски фильмы по-русский онлайн?