Lesson 8 - Family talk
Words and phrases associated with families.
This will allow you to talk about your family, which is a popular topic of conversation in Russia. One of the important concepts that we introduce in this lesson is possessive pronoun. Possessive pronouns are words such as: my, your, his, her, our. Personal pronouns are normally used to indicate the ownership of an object.
Here are the words Russians commonly use to refer to members of their family:
Мать - mother
Отец - father
Мама - mum
Папа - dad
Сестра - sister
Брат - brother
Дочь - daughter
Сын - son
Бабушка - grandmother
Дедушка - grandfather
Жена - wife
Муж – husband
Just like English, in Russian there are two ways to refer to your mother and father. For example we use the words mom and dad. Most commonly Russians use the words Mama and Papa to refer to their parents.
Here are some other words that it is a talk about members of your family.
Тётя - aunt
Дядя - uncle
Родители - parents
Дети - children
Внучка - granddaughter
Внук - grandson
Семья – family
No comment given.
- I think we start again our life.we did mistake in our life.ı thınk one more chance for me
- Telegram group for English learens
- Come si dici BUT in italiano...
- Grammar question.
- Why the US electoral system is so messed up
- In your own experience, what is the most disturbing truth about life?
- I love EMINEM!!!!!
- Ever have one of those nights where you can't sleep?
- about institution of marriage
- Which language? Which country?