Site Feedback

Untitled - 無題

Here's a simple and plain one for the intrepid souls :)  I encourage those who never have tried translating, it's time to try your hand. Should have no complication.

明月一夜明日來,

今晨花香今宵去.

長水速速向東流,

古松默默對山青.

Share:

Comments

Shall I make a few changes of your poem and then do the translation?

No problem at all.  This is what this place is all about.  Discussion, changes, your interpretations.  We all learn :)

What's wrong? I can't submit it!

I think if you have formatted text, the stupid Italki sometime won't let you submit it when it thinks you have reached the limit of 1000 characters.  If you remove the formatting it may let you!

Thanks, Jeff. Here it is:

昨夜明月今夜来,   Last night's moon will come tonight;
今朝花香明不在。   This morning’s floral scents will fade tomorrow.
不尽流水向东逝,   Endless river flows to the east;
默默古松对山青。   Silent pines keep green on the mountain.

Whose poem is it?

韶光

舊時明月今夕輝

春朝芳華秋日塜

江水飛逝似無盡

老松孤絕總不語

晓月未消疑是朝,

晨闻花香夕已凋。

东流之水不绝去,

唯有古松青山笑。

Now this is the intent of the group.  Someone writes something, then someone else gives their version or interpretation.  I missed my friends as what I had written in my notes, "中秋辭別" http://www.italki.com/notebook/entry/114720.htm

Now with here Italki, we can continue this sort of pleasure in virtual mode!

However, please include an English translation as well.  Remember this is also a place to help your English translation skills.  Don't worry if it is not good.  There will be others here to help and to discuss.  No formalities.  Just having a good time :)

Great Imagery!  Now provide us a translation too :))))  Don't worry if the translation is awkward, we will be glad to help you polish it.  This is how we learn English from higher view and interpretation :)  I look forward to it.

Add a comment