Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.
I hope native speakers of English could tell me my mistranslations and some of the uncommon expressions in this peom.
Which language is the source and which one is the target. I assume it was English and was translated into Chinese. Or is it had been translated from English into Chinese and retranslated back into English by you? Translating from non original source will introduce many errors etc with each subsequent translation. Translating A into B does not mean the translating B back into A is a perfect one-to-one correspondence.
Thank you for your suggestion for translation. This poem was originally written in English, and I translated it into Chinese. I have stated it.
I see... The interpretation that I have is is that someone is knowing of his/her impending death. So he or she is telling the loved one not to forget but to continue with the living.
silent land = land of the dead.
"silent land = land of the dead"
Yes. I think so too. That reminds of a Mandarin word 圆寂.
Jeff, guess the exact meaning of "当我已离去"? I believe you knew.
- IDIOT GIRL
- Apprendre les langues par internet, ça marche?
- What did you do yesterday?
- Can someone tell me if anyone of them wrong. And can you tell me the meaning of "help" and "just" here?
- ENSEÑO ESPAÑOL E INGLES SI HAY GENTE INTERESADA PODEMOS ARMAR UN GRUPO POR SKYPE O GOOGLE PLUS
- what is the difference between "you worked hard" and you have worked hard ?
- ¿Por qué estudiáis español?
- PRACTISE PRACTISE
- Feeling of being betrayed by a friend, so sad!How to do?