What new English word did you learn today?
Write one word or idiom that you learnt today, then give a short meanig and an example.
I think, it could help us to learn more every day.
meaning: to drink a lot of something quickly.
- Wedding guests quaffed champange.
Thaks. Can you give us an example? I think people can better better new words with an example.
Pat somebody/yourself on the back.
Meaning: To prise somebody or yourself for doing something well.
- I patted him on the back for being accepted in such a good university
open a Pandora's box
meaning: To do something that cuases many problems for you.
-If you don't obey the rules,it could open up a Pandora's box of claims for you.
Push my buttons ... If someone knows how to push my buttons he knows how to irritate me easily
We represent a farrago of languages and cultures.
Cuss somebody out
meaning: to swear (say bad words) and shout at someone because you are angry.
example: She got mad and started cussing him out.
- What is 'pusero'?
- I want to learn english with someone
- Social apps for different people
- Listening skill
- How you can improve the language ??
- How to get happiness
- language dreams
- Have you visited any of the Greek islands ? What was your impression ?
- what if a girl tells you she loves u & wanna get married to you? :D for western guys
- Arabic - English