What new English word did you learn today?
Write one word or idiom that you learnt today, then give a short meanig and an example.
I think, it could help us to learn more every day.
meaning: to drink a lot of something quickly.
- Wedding guests quaffed champange.
Thaks. Can you give us an example? I think people can better better new words with an example.
Pat somebody/yourself on the back.
Meaning: To prise somebody or yourself for doing something well.
- I patted him on the back for being accepted in such a good university
open a Pandora's box
meaning: To do something that cuases many problems for you.
-If you don't obey the rules,it could open up a Pandora's box of claims for you.
Push my buttons ... If someone knows how to push my buttons he knows how to irritate me easily
We represent a farrago of languages and cultures.
Cuss somebody out
meaning: to swear (say bad words) and shout at someone because you are angry.
example: She got mad and started cussing him out.
- A question about number!
- Writing Exercise C ( Indicatie: ERK-level B1)
- Correct Grammar for "Can I have sentences"?
- ehab sayed siam
- Books grammar
- learning from english movies
- 我想知道如果我一句英语都不会 我可以学吗
- Looking for a Language Partner! Korean and Swahili. I can help with English and basic Spanish
- I Am So Sad Today！