Suggestions for Learning Japanese
Sorry for those who have seen this post. I have reposted it in multiple groups hoping to find more answers :D
I am getting ready to start learning Japanese. I know enough that I know I need to learn Hiragana/Katakana first. But in any case I am thinking after that. What are helpful websites that helped you? I also wanted textbook suggestions. I know of Genki but I also found this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0804835047/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1TNVX08ZN2JBFJYYKAYP&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846
Some say it is better than Genki and I wanted to know opinions from people if they had tried both or one of these textbooks and if they liked it?
I was also curious about this book: http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Zero-Techniques-Students-Professionals/dp/0976998122/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Have you used it and was it helpful to you? Have you heard nightmares about it, etc.
Also helpful books for learning the Kana? I know of these two and wanted to know your opinoins:
I know the first one is for Hiragana but they have a Katakana one as well. I also realize there are plenty of websites to help. I'm easily distracted with the computer though which is why I am resulting to books more so than computer methods.
Other things I would like to know is definitely what websites you used? Did you use social sites such as italki, livemocha, edufire, lang-8, etc? If so which were best?
Are there any blogs you suggest following? I know of Tofugu. I have done quite a bit of research on this. I just want to know personal opinions from those who have learned Japanese.
I also wanted to know how you learned Kanji. Was it flashcards or are there books you suggest there to?
Thank you all who answer. And hopefully I get some helpful and detailed answers :D Appreciate it!
No comment given.
- Is there an advanced English learner free in to practice English now?
- How to measure the progress foreign language learning?
- Need people to practise english
- What is your favorite expression in your native language?
- Il verbo accingersi e molto usato o no?
- Will you shed tears when listening to music?
- what is better Dracula college or corresponding courses
- What’s better – Regular Collegeor correspondence courses?
- هر چه می خواهد دل تنگت بگو..
- Did you do a good deed for someone today?