What do u think about accent?
i am quite gd at English. My pronunciation is gd too and now i start thinking about the problem of accent. Being a Hongkonger, i may have little Cantonese accent, which isn't that prefered. Should i correct it? What do u think about Rp, i.e.BBC Eng?
You can always try to acquire the accent. For me, it doesn't matter for as long as you're understandable.
I'll have to hear you first ;)
Speaking with a foreign accent is fine as long as it doesn't prevent others from understanding you. However, I think it is good to be able to switch between the accents. You know, when you want to sound posh, you imitate the BBC pronuciation, and if you see fit to sound a bit exotic, you don't bother pretending you're British. Incidentally, I truly love British accent.
Nah, there's no reason to fake an accent. Be proud of where you're from and all that you've learned! =)
Accent is important as much as others be able to understand you with ease, and I personally think that if you can change it and improve it, why not?
my fds shared the same view--they prefer British accent
but for me i am not quite sure how to find out one's accent. i am just a beginner in this aspect
yep it's right. it will be gd 4 communication.
Accents can either help you or hurt you.
In America, people are always in a love and hate relationship with accents.
Some Americans will hate you for your accent, other will love your accent.
Some enjoy it because once you talk, they will know where you are from.
- Learn swedish -teach romanian
- I am sure everybody has rewrited poetry of famous writers in the childhood! Let`s share our creations.
- Have you ever made a secret language in your childhood?
- tous les domaines
- Who to wacth onepiece?
- Have you ever experienced that you dont want to contact some people you really miss
- Como não passar no exame do DETRAN?
- British Accent
- Combien de temps pour maîtriser la langue française ?
- Online resources for learning Croatian