italki Launched New Translation Platform!!!
Got some problems here.
I've submitted some Simplified Chinese translations. However, when I click the item that I've just translated, what I see is just as if no translation attempt had been done before. And since I can't check others' translations, I can't cast any vote at all.
I'm adding tons of Italian translation, but in some cases we'd need the context were they're used....
Go On Guys!
lei or tu in some phrases. and last but not least : is there any equivalent to the american "Graduation with Honours." in italian university...
for sure you will find that question, and correct what is left.
This is what we can call an awsome work...so gooood luck for all.
"Please follow the same format that is used in the English version, including punctuation and capitalization."
If I do that the Finnish italki will look absolutely ridiculous... So I kinda skipped that part of the guidelines...
But I guess my translations are better than nothing. And if someone doesn't like them, they can always correct them.
I'm also facing some difficulties when I'm trying to translate all kinds of website/internet jargon words... It's really difficult to find a reasonable Finnish equivalent to them.
But the context problem... It really makes things a bit more difficult xD
Wonderful idea though : D
Another very important thing is the use of variables. Some of the phrases are intranslatable in the current format. For example the phrase:
" Friends' "
I'd basically translate that as "van vrienden" in Dutch. (of friends) But even though it does work in combined parts like:
It doesn't work when I translate it similarly for just " Friends' ". The same goes for other stuff. For example:
Obviously in the English version of the website a language is added after that.
"For learning German"
In Dutch the best way to say that is: "Om Duits te leren"
However, as I can't handle the placement of the variable, I can't translate it that way. Therefore I had to go with the suboptimal translation of "Voor het leren van Duits" just to keep the grammatical structure of the translation correct. I'd like to have more control over variables.
But don't worry... italians aren't so formal and in many cases the formal way may sound grotesque :)
The equivalent might be Laureato con Lode Accademica (when you have full score of 110 on 110 + appreciation of the commission/university and at least a vote of 30/30 with Lode (in usa Top Grade :)
Hi, Ken. Thank you for the help. And maybe try to Refresh the pages. It might work. The site sometimes is bit slow in updating the latest information.
Okay, I must admit that I'm not exactly a computer genius, but...
1. Perhaps the translating system should be changed a little bit. Like Harregarre pointed out before with his Friends-example, the current translating system will make italki look like it has been translated with Google... So perhaps we should just translate page by page, all the words in their real context. But I think that the best translation should still be voted and perhaps there should be a Wikipedia-stylish conversation for each page.
2. But, that current translating system could be adapted into a phrase/sentence translation exercise which the community could expand and expand into a huge (I'm slowly starting to feel like Napoleon...) free programme for everyone wanting to learn languages.
- I really need your excellent suggestions, thaks a lot firstly. If it were you, which you choose
- I look for engineers to ask a question (casting, forge or mechanical production).
- What do you think is the most interesting clothing style in your country?
- Do you have a time when you are asked to do something you do not want to do?
- Would you lie about your native language to find language exchange partners or students?
- I am teaching spanish, but in change i want learn english
- Hej all together!
- Enseño ESPAÑOL GRATIS para intercambiarlo por INGLES
- Mobile application