Site Feedback

HOT! News: American Idol judges announced for Season 8

Who will judge the American Idol season is always a topic of great anticipation here in America. Since the judges were just announced today, I thought it would be nice to share the information with you.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/tv/story/2012/09/16/idol-names-its-judges/57789354/1

What are your thoughts on American Idol? Does your country have a competition that's similar? If so, let's discuss how the two shows are different (or even alike).

I look forward to hearing your thoughts about one of the hottest shows in America!

~Bre

Share:

Comments

Seems it's like russian "Become a Star" or "People's artist", where young people are trying to make impression on jury which consists of some number of celebrities. Am I right? 

Yes! Those who want the opportunity to compete for a record contract audition for the judges of American Idol. Those selected to compete must sing songs on a weekly basis in front of a studio audience; the show is broadcast on TV, as well, to millions of people. Each week, the judges (and American people) vote to say which competitor is the best. The competitor with the least amount of votes is booted off the show and sent home. This cycle continues until only one singer is left standing - and of course wins the coveted prize of the fabulous record contract; fame also comes from this turn on TV as some of the hottest names in American music are discovered through this show.

**I apologize for any double-i mispellings above; my keyboard is annoyingly stuck on I's for some reason. I've tried to find all the mistakes, but forgive me if there are some that I didn't notice.**

Add a comment