Site Feedback

E2Kon 4: Public Speaking

E2Kon 4 will be about presenting infomation to the class and conducting a "talk" about a certain topic. This session will require a little preparation time prior to the start of the meeting. What you need to do is: 1) Choose a topic below; 2) Research the topic briefly so that you feel somewhat comfortable talking about the topic for about 5 minutes; 3) Write 2 questions, from your discussion, that you will pose to the group for answering.

Example:

Let's say I choose a topic and present information about my topic for 5 minutes. From the information that I presented in my lecture, I ask 2 questions and hope the group understood what I said so that they can answer them.

Now for the topics:

1.     Olympic Curling

2.     Lyrical Dance

3.     Aki Matsuri (Japanese Fall Festival)

4.     Bocce

5.     Okinawa Dance

I know that these topics aren't well known to our group and that many members may not have an interest in them, but, this is exactly why I chose them. It is important to build our knowledge and vocabulary; and to do just that, we need to delve into the unknown. Do your best to be able to give us some good information on your chosen topic and remember to do your researching in English!

How to get invited to the next E2Kon:

Write a comment below, specifying your chosen topic. That's it! Once you leave a comment, I will give you the link to the classroom.

DETAILS:

When: Friday, October 5th, 2012

Time: 8:00 PM (Mountain Daylight Time, UTC-7:00)

Where: Classroom via e-Lecta

This session is geared to improving your spoken English, while strengthening your English presentation skills (which are good for business, career, or graduate level study).

See you there!    ~Bre :D

Share:

Comments

Hello Bre

I would like to choose Bocce topic

Regards

Satti

Hi Satti,

Thanks for following the instructions! I look forward to heariing about Bocce. :)

See you in two days,

Bre

Hi Bre I am glad to be a student in this group.i wil talk about okynawa dance.

the lesson start or no ?

I Like It Laughing

Hi, Safoya!

Welcome to E2. :) I look forward to your talk about Okinawa Dance. I'm sure you'll do a great job!

See you tomorrow,

Bre

Moka: Welcome! I'm glad that you have found us. :) The class starts tomorrow, in 9 hours and 10 minutes from this post. I wiill be sending participants the link to the classroom tomorrow afternoon. Which topic (of the ones listed above) will you prepare to discuss?

Xavi: Welcome! Will you be participating iin our study group tomorrow? If so, which topic will you prepare to discuss?

Hope to see you guys tomorrow!! :)

~Bre

SORRY! I don't know why I sai 9 hours; it was supposed to say 21 hours. I apologize for the typing error. :(

Hiiii,Mrs bre today i will discuss lyrical dance 

Moka,

I look forward to your discussion. See you soon!! :)

~Bre

Add a comment