English is a funny language
It is funny :)
“English is a funny language. A fat chance and a slim chance are the same thing”. -Jack Herbert
I recently learned that 'oxymoron' is an insult in Australia, meaning "stupid". I forgot to ask her if there is any alternate word for that.
You have an interesting( funny :) ) collection there.
"Happily married" hahaha :) I wonder if any such couple exist.
I'm surprised to know that. I thought you were wrong and searched google but found that you are indeed right( or he is indeed right).
It seems 'fat chance' is a sarcastic way of telling that there is no chance.(say, 100% not possible)
But 'slim chance' is say, 99% not possible.
I would appreciate more insight into it.
She said that the word 'contradiction' can be a possible alternate word.
Yes, I agree with you. When I compare my native language with English - it's so funny. For example - in Russian lang we can say sentence, which consists of defferent words, And in English this sentence will consist few similar words.
- what's mystery of this world?
- Please correct it
- Dear and Best regards?
- does anybody has whatsapp? cause i really need help on spanish
- Favorite Language Learning Resources/Methods?
- Where to buy Japanese language exercise book (elementary /middle/highschool level)
- how can i organize my day
- Any good italian movies anyone ??? :)
- Looking for a native Spanish speaker
- I'm still learning english, I would like to master it! if you want to learn spanish i can help you! :)