English is a funny language
It is funny :)
“English is a funny language. A fat chance and a slim chance are the same thing”. -Jack Herbert
I recently learned that 'oxymoron' is an insult in Australia, meaning "stupid". I forgot to ask her if there is any alternate word for that.
You have an interesting( funny :) ) collection there.
"Happily married" hahaha :) I wonder if any such couple exist.
I'm surprised to know that. I thought you were wrong and searched google but found that you are indeed right( or he is indeed right).
It seems 'fat chance' is a sarcastic way of telling that there is no chance.(say, 100% not possible)
But 'slim chance' is say, 99% not possible.
I would appreciate more insight into it.
She said that the word 'contradiction' can be a possible alternate word.
Yes, I agree with you. When I compare my native language with English - it's so funny. For example - in Russian lang we can say sentence, which consists of defferent words, And in English this sentence will consist few similar words.
- I'm looking for some language partners in English.
- Is it important for you to ensure the protection of your internet browsing ?
- Salut, je cherche à pratiquer mon français
- The importance of being an independent language learner
- Dificuldades para aprender otro idioma
- I'm looking for some serious language partners in English.
- Emerson DeltaV
- My imformation
- I need The approach of sleep quickly
- Motivation <3 I LOVE JAPAN