English is a funny language
It is funny :)
“English is a funny language. A fat chance and a slim chance are the same thing”. -Jack Herbert
I recently learned that 'oxymoron' is an insult in Australia, meaning "stupid". I forgot to ask her if there is any alternate word for that.
You have an interesting( funny :) ) collection there.
"Happily married" hahaha :) I wonder if any such couple exist.
I'm surprised to know that. I thought you were wrong and searched google but found that you are indeed right( or he is indeed right).
It seems 'fat chance' is a sarcastic way of telling that there is no chance.(say, 100% not possible)
But 'slim chance' is say, 99% not possible.
I would appreciate more insight into it.
She said that the word 'contradiction' can be a possible alternate word.
Yes, I agree with you. When I compare my native language with English - it's so funny. For example - in Russian lang we can say sentence, which consists of defferent words, And in English this sentence will consist few similar words.
- Language goals
- Hey; Help me with chinese language
- It is common in Chinese culture to express an abstract idea with concrete things.
- Tenses in French
- Is it offensive to discuss the movie Django Unchained with a black people?
- I need to translate these sentences ito Russian language
- Is it correct?
- if u can help me
- I'm so tired these days and I don't want to do anything