Punjabi Pakistani Muslim Culture Question
I would be very grateful if anyone could answer my question. Is the word 'jaan' just used between lovers or can it be used to close family members as well. E.g; a married female to a single male cousin?
'Jaan' general mean 'life' and it use in different ways in different contexts.
In Pakistani punjabi culture 'Jaan' used between lovers. (Meri jaan kesi ho?) Its like saying 'My Baby'.
informally used between male friends (Meri jaan ke totay) to show close relationsip or for tauning an enemy in funny way.
And there is no way that a married female can use 'Jaan' for cousin. She can only use for husband, dughter and son.
- I want to have a English name, who can help me
- What is a Community Tutor?
- about my english name.
- Can you help me with my introduction in Chinese
- university =wasting time?
- "Infero" ,Dan Brown's new novel.Has anybody read it?
- I SPEAK SPANISH... I WANT TO LEARN PORTUGUESE AND ARABIC
- أنا أحتاج إلى شخص ..................ص
- Le français