I am Maria.I am a teacher of Greek philology and I want to start a new group here.
Everyone can write each time one Greek word whose wants to know the etymology.I will reply giving the etymology of each word.That means referring the words it derived from and their meaning.
I will start with the same word "ετυμολογία" = etymology.
"Ετυμολογία" is made from "έτυμο" which means the real and "λόγος" which means "speech or words" meaning the real word,the meanings of the separate words the whole meaning of a word derived from.These parts create the real meaning of a word.
Tell me a word which lastly came in to your mind or a word you were thinking of last days wondering what is its meaning in Greek!I will try to help you as much as I can!
Good to know έτυμο, και από που είναι λέξη έτοιμος;
Έτυμο means the real meaning of words and it is not divided into smallerparts.It's a simple word,not compound.It's different form έτοιμος with -οι that you wrote, which means to be prepared.
e.g.Είμαι έτοιμος για φαγητό. = I am ready for lanch.
- Friends! :)
- Can you help me with my introduction in Chinese
- university =wasting time??????????????
- "Infero" ,Dan Brown's new novel.Has anybody read it?
- I SPEAK SPANISH... I WANT TO LEARN PORTUGUESE AND ARABIC
- أنا أحتاج إلى شخص ..................ص
- Hello, I need someone !
- Le français
- Do you want to have a chinese name?