Famous Couples in English Literature?
Who are some famous couples from English literature?
Othello and Desdemona
Othello is a great man who is destroyed by jealousy. He is a Moor (= North African) who is a powerful and respected commander in the navy of Venice. He is gradually persuaded by the evil officer Iago that his wife, Desdemona, and another officer, Cassio, are lovers. Othello kills his wife but then discovers that she was innocent and kills himself.
Romeo and Juliet.
The king and queen of star-crossed lovers.
Catherine and Heathcliff from "Wuthering Heights". And, a trifle less romantic, Frankenstein and his Creature.
elizabith benit and mr.darsy in a novel by jane austen called "pride and prejudice"
Jane Eyre and Mr Rochester in Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre.
i dislike this image
I think, Sherlock Holmmes and Dr Watsonа from Arthur Conan Doyle is the most famous couple from English literature.
- A kind of man at the coner of a society
- Which Chinese TV series do you like best?
- A short FUN English exercise... Part 2
- What color do you like and why?
- How can we put ourself in their shoes/place?
- I don’t like Italki!
- Interesting. Is it possible to learn a language without grammar.
- Why the minority languages need to be protected?
- How to become a funny guy?
- Help me with my translation result?