Famous Couples in English Literature?
Who are some famous couples from English literature?
Othello and Desdemona
Othello is a great man who is destroyed by jealousy. He is a Moor (= North African) who is a powerful and respected commander in the navy of Venice. He is gradually persuaded by the evil officer Iago that his wife, Desdemona, and another officer, Cassio, are lovers. Othello kills his wife but then discovers that she was innocent and kills himself.
Romeo and Juliet.
The king and queen of star-crossed lovers.
Catherine and Heathcliff from "Wuthering Heights". And, a trifle less romantic, Frankenstein and his Creature.
elizabith benit and mr.darsy in a novel by jane austen called "pride and prejudice"
Jane Eyre and Mr Rochester in Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre.
i dislike this image
I think, Sherlock Holmmes and Dr Watsonа from Arthur Conan Doyle is the most famous couple from English literature.
- I am looking for English/British friends for language exchange. Could you help me?
- If you don't want to be friends with someone, what will you do? Delete them or simply don't text them back?
- nos souvenirs
- What consider about life in other country?
- NEW HERE :D
- Looking for Intermediate Learners of English
- Finding friends in Language partners... ?
- B1 Meinung schreiben::(ca.80 Wörter)
- Cho and đưa
- The dolescent . a parent