It is necessary to have a good vocabulary to be able to communicate properly.
Capital and capital. There two words are homonyms.
capital - Capital city, the area of a country, province, region, or state, regarded as enjoying primary status, usually but not always the seat of the government
ex, The capital of Russia is Moscow
capital - In economics, capital goods, or real capital are those already-produced durable goods that are used in production of goods or services.
Ex, All the attempts to build capitalism in the USSR failed.
There is also a phrase CAPITAL LETTER:
Capital letter, an upper-case letter in a writing system
R.S.V.P. - Répondez s'il vous plaît, or please reply (used at the end of invitations to request a response).
qty - quantity.
thx - thanks
E.T.A. - "Estimated Time of Arrival" or "Edited to Add"
pls cfm - please confirm
@ - at
Here are 40 abbreviations: check your knowledge
- Happiness,...what is for you ??
- How physicians and patients maintain long-term relationship in foreign countries?
- Sommer in Österreich
- New on chat
- what do u do when u r really sad ?
- Who can help me in my english speaking practice?
- Vocabulary 1....
- What is 'al den slags'?
- Help me! Please...
- What would you do if you didn't have enough money to pay your bills?